2 PhD positions in polymer chemistry (m/f)
We offer 2 PhD positions (4 years) in the laboratory of Polymer Synthesis and Biomaterials, Department of Physical and Macromolecular Chemistry, Charles University in Prague, starting from October 2021. All research costs are fully covered. The salary is highly adequate to cover all living expenses in the Czech Republic, with additional scholarships available via internal grant system.
- Master degree (or equivalent) in polymer chemistry, organic chemistry or material science
- Strong background in organic and/or polymer synthesis and characterization (NMR, SEC, HPLC, light scattering)
- Fluent English
- Participation in cutting-edge polymer chemistry research
- Opportunity to gain expertise in novel synthetic techniques (controlled photopolymerizations, ionic ring-opening polymerizations, sequence-defined polymers, bioconjugation reactions) and biomedical sciences
- International collaboration with high-profile laboratories (in Germany, France, Belgium, Japan, U.S.A.)
Both assignments include research in the field of polymer materials, with strong application potential in biomaterials science. The applicant will explore the aspects of synthesis and characterization using NMR, GC, SEC, MALDI, DLS, TEM, etc. The biological experiments will be performed in collaboration with specialized laboratories in Prague as well as abroad.
For questions do not hesitate to contact Ondrej Sedlacek (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Applications including a cover letter, CV and a copy of relevant diploma/certificates should be sent via email to Ondrej Sedlacek (email@example.com).
Deadline for applications is by 31th of March, 2021